Email: McFarlandCounseling@outlook.comNationally Certified Counselor
- Registered Play Therapist
- Attachment Based Family & Play Therapy Trained
- Child Development Training
- Child Parent Relationship Therapy Trained
- Play Therapy & Creativity for Teens
- Neurobiology in Therapy Training
- Self-Harm Assessment & Treatment Trained
- Post Induction Therapy – Addiction, Codependency & Trauma Training – Meadows
- EMDR I & II Trauma Training
- Attachment Focused EMDR w/focus on healing childhood abuse
- Certified Daring Way Group Facilitator – Brené Brown
- Level 1 Trauma Resource Management
- Level I and II Gottman Couples Therapy Training
- Emotionally Focused Attachment Couples Therapy Training
- Marriage & Family Therapy Post Masters Training
- Chemical Dependency & Addiction Training
- Counselor Supervision Training
I am a nationally certified licensed professional counselor, a licensed chemical dependency counselor, and a registered play therapist. I am EMDR trained. I am a member of the American Counseling Association and the Texas Counseling Association where I have served on the ethics committee. I am also a member of the Texas Association for Play Therapists. I received my Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from Brigham Young University and my Master’s Degree in Counseling and Development from Texas Woman’s University. I am currently working on a Doctoral Degree at Texas A&M Commerce.
My counseling experience includes working for LDS Family Services, Texas Women’s University Marriage & Family Counseling Clinic, The Center for Marriage & Family Counseling and The Suicide and Crisis Center of North Texas.
I feel honored to work with families, children and teenagers who are seeking growth and change in their lives and are I offer a variety of therapeutic services to address depression, anxiety, grief, shame, trauma and abuse. Services also include working with families struggling with codependency related to addictive and destructive behaviors within the family as well as struggles with parent/child or parent/teen relationships. Play Therapy is used with children ages 3-10 and expressive art therapies and canine therapy utilized with children, adolescents and adults.
I believe that each person has the innate capacity for growth and healing. My goal is to provide a safe, compassionate environment where tools for change can be developed and healing can happen.
I have been married for 26 years and am the mother of two married sons. I recently became a grandmother and am experiencing the joy and power of family relationships more than ever. I love animals, gardening and good movies.